Kwêla: - Resthill Memory Care
We are a residential facility offering care with a difference for only twenty four people, diagnosed with Dementia related illnesses including Alzheimer's disease or other types of memory impairment.
People diagnosed with Dementia require spacious environments, well trained staff sensitive to their unique rhythm and psychiatric expertise.
Our two pet friendly homes Robusta and Burkei, are an excellent alternative to nursing homes, retirement villages or home care. With us it's warm and comfortable homes with the smell of home-cooked meals wafting from the kitchen. Experiences are cozy, cheerful and purpose filled, with friendly supportive caregivers. Single en suite, single or double rooms are offered.
We are country living with open space on 3 ha, centrally situated between Lanseria Airport, Centurion and Fourways.
Resthill Memory Care is specially designed and equipped to ensure optimal comfort and care.
- Two modern care homes Burkei and Robusta accommodating 12 residents each
- Private and shared rooms as well as two en suite rooms for independent residents
- Furnished with some antiques to ensure a homely atmosphere
- Specially equipped and wheel chair friendly facilities including modern shower rooms
- Fresh linen and towels
- Open plan dining rooms with French Doors leading onto the garden
- 24 hour electrified perimeter fencing, security beams and Orange-Fox armed response
- Entertainment rooms with music system, LED TV and full DSTV bouquet in Burkei Home
- Spacious therapeutic gardens which included our succulent labyrinth and figure 8 walkways to enhance free mobility
- Herb and vegetable garden
- Permaculture vegetable garden
- Our resident donkeys Clara, Casey, JB and Boschveld Indigenous Chickens, geese and runner ducks
- Our resident potbelly pigs Bimi and Winnie
- Our well trained and elderly friendly dogs Rylee, Gala, Ruby and Penny